Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Recommends "Beyond The Fade" by TED POLEY
Ted Poley is of course best known as the frontman for Danger Danger, but just after re-joining the band in 2004 he released a couple of solo albums. Almost a decade later he has just released his third solo album. Entitled “Beyond The Fade”, it was released by Frontiers Music on 13th May. Poley has worked with multi-talented and rather industrious producer / songwriter / musician Alessandro Del Vecchio and song-writing brothers Tom and James Martin from Vega to deliver a very strong album that should appeal to many people. I played the track “Higher” on the NI Rocks A-Z Show on 3rd May.
Last Updated (Thursday, 26 May 2016 18:53)
NI ROCKS Recommends "Ready II Strike" by SUNSTRIKE
I had posted a recommendation for SunStrike’s debut album “Rock Your World” back in April 2014, so was looking forward to hearing their new album “Ready II Strike” when it arrived via GerMusica. The album was released on 20th May on the AOR Heaven label and I’ve already played a couple of tracks on Rock Radio NI – “A Piece of the Action” on the NI Rocks A-Z Show on 3rd May and “Angel In My Room” on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 20th May.
A DAY TO REMEMBER TO PLAY THE KERRANG! AWARDS 2016
FULL-SCALE CONCERT – ALSO FEATURING ASKING ALEXANDRIA – TO TAKE PLACE AFTER MAIN CEREMONY FLORIDIAN ROCK GIANTS RIGHT BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH EXCLUSIVE UK PERFORMANCE Kerrang! are excited to announce that genre-smashing metalcore/pop-punk titans A Day To Remember will be playing live at the Kerrang! Awards 2016 on June 9 at London’s Troxy. This ...
CAIRO SON RELEASE NEW SINGLE AND VIDEO
Cairo Son are excited to announce the release of their pulsating new single, ‘Lion In A Cage’! Check out the awesome video for ‘Lion in a Cage’ here; The London based three piece continues to build a formidable fan-base throughout the UK with acclaimed appearances (including a support slot with Tax The Heat) under their ...
NI ROCKS Recommends "Second Sun" by BUFFALO SUMMER
Welsh rockers Buffalo Summer released their second album “Second Sun” through UDR Music on 20th May. This is one of those albums that I simply loved from the first listen. The band formed in South Wales on 2010 and released the self-titled album which I’ve played tracks from several times. The first single from “Second Sun” was “Money” which I played on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 8th April and again on 6th May. The second single is “Make You Mine”.
BLOODSTOCK - fights and strength in the field of metal...
RIGHT, you know this Bloodstock thing - music festival, loads of great bands like Slayer, Twisted Sister, Anthrax, Mastodon, Gojira, Rabid Bitch of the North, The Crawling, Acid Rein, Goatwhore etc etc etc.
Well if think that's all that goes on in Walton-On-Trent over that mad weekend (August 11th-14th) you're wrong!
This year sees the return of the Battle of the Nations UK - which is allegedly a demonstration of medieval fighting with teams from across Europe. Now, when
VIDEOS - Cheer yourself up with these offerings from Gojira and Cattle Decapitation
MONDAY -blah, boring, weekend so far away.
Well here are a couple of videos that are sure to blow the cobwebs off. First up is Gojirawith the official video for 'Silvera'. [Don't forget they will be on Bloodstock'sRonnie James Dio stage on Saturday, 13th August].
Next we have Cattle
ALBUM REVIEW: Massive Wagons welcome us to their world on latest album
OPENING with grunt and ending with a roar Massive Wagons deliver a widely diverse set of tunes on their latest release 'Welcome To The World' and although they shouldn't in theory they meld together on the album so well as it is an almost seamless release.
It is a hard trick to achieve, almost impossible for most, but Massive Wagons pull it off on this their third full length release.
There is sense on this that they have taken the rock clichés, poured a
LIVE REVIEW: The riff comes down hard in Limelight as Triggerman bring it accompanied by Bosco Ramos and Hornets
THERE is no such thing as too many riffs - if you like you're rock and metal you want them in abundance. And, when Triggerman come to town the riffs rain down in a tsunami of musical terror that raises everyone's spirits.
And on Saturday, 21st May at The Distortion Project's Saturday celebration of metal the riffs were brought aplenty.
- LIVE REVIEW: Blind Guardian and Gloryhammer bring the power to Dublin
- NOT A REVIEW, AN OVERVIEW.... Hard Rock Hell - Ibiza Road Trip 7, carnage, chaos, fun and traffic jams
- GIG NEWS - DELAIN, EVERGREY AND KOBRA & THE LOTUS in Dublin
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Edge of Tomorrow" by SUNSTORM
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Who We Are" by VEGA
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Night Brings Insanity" by PRIMITAI
- NI ROCKS Interview with BOB CATLEY from MAGNUM
- Hawkwind, Wishbone Ash, John Lees’ Barclay James Harvest and Pendragon head up HRH Prog 5
- THE TEMPERANCE MOVEMENT RELEASE REVOLUTIONARY ‘WHITE BEAR’ MUSIC VIDEO
- DORO | ‘RAISE YOUR FIST IN THE AIR’ LIVE CLIP REVEALED
- SKINDRED’S SECRETS OF SURVIVAL
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Higher Time" by ELECTRIC CITIZEN
- KREATOR announce tour with Sepultura, Soilwork and Aborted
- CATS IN SPACE RELEASE SINGLE AND PREMIER NEW VIDEO
- ATTICA RAGE ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM: “WARHEADS LTD” PLUS SUMMER FESTIVAL SHOWS AND UK TOUR IN AUTUMN 2016
- Freddie Mercury Scholarship at ACM Announced
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Unbreakable" by ONE LAST RUN
- NI ROCKS Interview with SKARLETT from SKARLETT RIOT
- NI ROCKS Interviews Available on MIXCLOUD
- LIVE REVIEW: Irontown Diehards bring style and hard rockin vibes to Limelight