Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NEWS: NWOBHM pioneers Grim Reaper set for a new album.
Now titled officially Steve Grimmett's Grim Reaperthe band has signed with new label Dissonance Records, and they are set to release their new album 'Walking In The Shadows' on September 23rd, the band's first release since
NEWS: Motionless In White release new track
MOTIONLESS in White - who played in Belfast earlier in the year
ALBUM REVIEW: Six Feet Under dig into the vaults for Graveyard Classics IV - The Number Of The Priest
A COVERS album. What's the fucking point, you've heard the songs before. Except when its a covers album by Six Feet Under.
Truth be told we never really 'got' the whole Graveyard Classic thing before. It was all well and good and a little entertaining. However, on number four they have nailed it impressively, Barnes practically losing it in an effort to extract each ounce of fun in his death metal delivery of 11 classics.
With the title 'Number of the Priest'
ALBUM REVIEW: Stampeding thrash - Enrage The Beast second release from Bull-Riff Stampede
THRASH. When it is done well there is no purer adrenaline rush, that feeling that your face has been dragged through s barbed wire fence, yet you are still smiling.
The new Bull-Riff Stampede release, 'Enraging The Beast' has that effect, but with an added smack to the face. Yet, you'll still be smiling after they kick you in the ass all the way into the mosh pit.
From the title track opener, through to closer 'Lone Ember' they rarely put a foot wrong; no
NEWS: Only seven weekends until Bloodstock and more band announced
NI ROCKS Recommends "Heavy Rock Radio" by JORN
Sometimes you hear a cover version of a classic rock track and the response could range from cringing a little to outright revulsion. Other times, it can be almost a revelation, and sound as good, or even better than the original. My response to Jorn’s album “Heavy Rock Radio” which was released by Frontiers Records on 3rd June, definitely falls into the latter category. Having listened to previous cover versions released by Jorn over the years, I was expecting no less. In other words, there are cover versions and then there are Jorn Lande cover versions!!
NI ROCKS Interview with BECKY from ONE LAST RUN
In May I posted a recommendation for the debut album by a band from England called One Last Run. As I didn’t know that much about the band, but thought the album was really good, I decided to contact Rage PR (who had sent us the album to check out) to get One Last Run to answer a few questions and find out more about the band. Lead singer Becky Roberts answered the questions for us and these are posted below. The guys in the band are Jack Pennington (Guitar), Rob Leach (Guitar), Chris Smith (Bass) and Dan Brown (Drums). One Last Run completed a short tour in the UK mainland at the end of May and play the Wildfire Festival in Glasgow this weekend (24th – 26th June).
Last Updated (Tuesday, 21 June 2016 22:31)
JON ANDERSON, TREVOR RABIN AND RICK WAKEMAN REUNITE TO FORM ANDERSON, RABIN WAKEMAN (ARW)
UK TOUR DATES CONFIRMED Long-time YES fans, rejoice! Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman are proud to announce that after a hiatus of 25 years, they are to reform the definitive YES line-up as – Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman (ARW). Since they last played together in 1990 on the highly successful YES ‘Union Tour’, ...
Heart – New Album “Beautiful Broken” out on 8th July and UK Tour
CONCORD RECORDS TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM BY ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME LEGENDS HEART, Beautiful Broken, OUT JULY 8 TITLE TRACK AND FIRST SINGLE FEATURES GUEST VOCAL CONTRIBUTION BY METALLICA’S JAMES HETFIELD WITH ANN WILSON, NEW NE-YO-PENNED SONG SUNG BY NANCY WILSON, AND STRING ARRANGEMENTS BY PAUL BUCKMASTER HEART’S HEADLINING SUMMER TOUR WITH JOAN ...
NEWS: Frontiers go all metal with new festival
FRONTIERS Records have announced the first edition of the Frontiers Metal Festival, which will be held on Sunday, October 30th at the Live Club in Trezzo Sull
NEWS: Derange prep for Bloodstock with new single
LONDON based tech-metal quartet Derange are preparing for their Bloodstock appearance by announcing
- COMIN' ATCHA: Metal community sues for bankruptcy as more shows announced...includi ng Onslaught, Alient Ant Farm, and much, much more
- ALBUM REVIEW: Welsh rockers Buffalo Summer hit and miss on second release
- LIVE REVIEW: Eroding the boat of metal woe...Distortion Project's Saturday of mighty mayhem
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Never Alone" by STITCHED UP HEART
- THE DEAD DAISIES RELEASE VIDEO FOR THEIR NEW SINGLE ‘LONG WAY TO GO’
- THE CADILLAC THREE ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM ‘BURY ME IN MY BOOTS’
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Death Thy Lover" by CANDLEMASS
- RICKY WARWICK Premieres Video for "SCHWABEN REDOUBT" on WAR HISTORY ONLINE
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Pervert County" by VOODOO HIGHWAY
- VIDEOS of TREMONTI performing in The Limelight, BELFAST
- NI ROCKS Recommends "All This Could Be Yours" by SHOTGUN REVOLUTION
- NI ROCKS Playlists for MAY 2016
- LIVE REVIEW: Ironheart and Sinocence pound the Diamond with a glorious metal assault
- LIVE REVIEW: The Answer and Screaming Eagles bring down the rock and soul at Limelight
- ALBUM REVIEW: Tarja teases with prequel release The Brightest Void
- NEWS: Combhichrist new album and video
- COMIN' ATCHA: Meshuggah set for first Belfast show in January 2017
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Suffer More" by DOOMSDAY OUTLAW
- NEWS: New album and North American tour ahead of Diamond Head's Belfast date
- NEWS: The Mission launch pledge campaign ahead of Belfast date and UK tour