Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Recommends "Daydreamin" by STARSICK SYSTEM
“Daydreamin’” is the debut album from Italian band Starsick System and it is released on 14th April by Bakerteam Records. This is another great example of finding a band that I hadn’t known about previously and really liking what I heard. It’s really the kind of release that the “NI Rocks Recommends” posts were initially aimed at – great music being released by bands that many people might never get to listen to. Starsick System were formed in 2012, with the members all having previous experience in other bands.
LIVE REVIEW: The Power of Rock and Metal multiplied by eight raises thousands at Blazefest
"OKAY, I just want to announce that last night's Blazefest raised a staggering £3145.21 for the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children. Thank you to all the bands and everyone who came and made it such a special night.
Those are the words of Darren Shields-Pettitt, who along with wife Dawn, once
ALBUM REVIEW: The Quireboys excel on St Cecilia and the Gypsy Soul
SPIKE and his merry band of troubadours churn out excellence so consistently that when they release a new album it seems a given that it will be another stellar platter. And, that's the case with the latest offering from The Quireboys 'St Cecilia and the Gypsy Soul'.
It would be possible to just leave it there -
ALBUM REVIEW: Therapy? go back in time to catch up on Disquiet with melodies and menace
NORTHERN Ireland's Therapy? were once described by Kerrang! (when it still was a metal mag) as the UK's potential version of Metallica. With 'Troublegum' bothering charts across the globe the potential was certainly there.
But Therapy? were happier being the awkward kids and released a selection of densely packed albums
ALBUM REVIEW: Glaswegian rockers The Toi turn musical water into delicious rock win
THREE piece Glaswegian hard rockers The Toi have finally released an album they had intended to unleash two years ago - and its been worth the wait.
For those that haven't heard of them, the band is a three piece hailing from Glasgow featuring Paul Healy (vocals/guitar), Andy Carr(bass/guitar/vocals) and
First bands confirmed for Monsters Of Rot V
IT'S been one of Ireland's best kept metal secrets - a one-day fest of extreme metal held in the farthest corner of Northern Ireland - Monsters of Rot.
<a href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KixXC4syFsQ/VRMVXYuaxwI/AAAAAAAAEVI/KD-KPPqHJ_s/s1600/Monsters+Of+Rot+V+-+First+Announcement+poster.jpg" imageanchor="1" style="clear: left;
NEWS: Six band Saturday with Sinocence; Vikings and metal; Bloodstock pre-party and FM lyric video
IT'S a six-band Saturday this weekend. Sinocence have the Belfast launch of their ep No God, No Masters Vol 2 (review here) at Limelight2 with
ALBUM REVIEW: Roth rises to reinvent classic Scorpions
ULI Jon Roth is something of a guitar afficianado for guitar afficianados. Back in the formative years of Scorpions Uli Jon Roth created textures before the Scorps gave way to the hair metal of the mid-80s (not that was necessarily a bad thing).
With the Scorpions set to play Ramblin' Man Fair in July
LIVE REVIEW: Kicking up a 'Hale' of a storm with Lzzy
IN less than a year Halestorm have leaped from a supporting slot in Belfast's Voodoo to headlining the larger venue of Limelight1 on the city's Ormeau Avenue.
A combination of smart PR and a damn fine set of songs - especially from new album 'Into the Wild Life' - have helped place them in the upper echelons of bands
NEWS: Ash added to Slane line-up; Dienamic's new album; The Answer chart and Blue Pills release live album
THE Foo Fighters Slane line-up for the 30th May show has now been completed with County Down pop punk act Ash and Cavan rockers The Strypes.
Also playing with the Grohl and crew are the Kaiser Chiefs and
NI ROCKS Recommends "The Quiet Monster" by GLOOMBALL
“The Quiet Monster” is the second album from German band Gloomball and it is released through Steamhammer/SPV on 30th March. Their debut album “The Distance” was released in 2013 and still features on my iPod playlists. Unfortunately though the original MP3 files where among many casualties when my hard-drive crashed during 2013 – hence why they haven’t featured on the NI Rocks Shows recently! Thankfully the absence of Gloomball from our shows can now be rectified by the release of “The Quiet Monster”, which if anything is an improvement on the debut album. The track “Monster” was included on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 20th March.
Last Updated (Sunday, 22 March 2015 21:45)
- NI ROCKS Recommends "II" by DEVIL'S TRAIN
- INTERVIEW: Evil Scarecrow snagged by our colleague Mark Ashby ahead of Belfast date
- NI ROCKS Interview with TOM HARTE from TRUCKER DIABLO
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Chapter 1" by GRINDHOUSE
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Rise of the Electric Jester" by KNOCK OUT KAINE
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Rise Above The Noise" by TRUCKER DIABLO
- EP REVIEW: Dynamic Sinocence deliver majesty and power on No Gods, No Masters Vol 2
- NI ROCKS Videos of EUROPE & BLACK STAR RIDERS in The Ulster Hall
- NI ROCKS Videos of HALESTORM in The Limelight, Belfast
- NI ROCKS Interview with GEORGE LYNCH
- NI ROCKS Playlists for February 2015
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Lost Salvation" by FURYON
- ALBUM REVIEW: Midnight Ghost Train revel in southern roots
- ALBUM REVIEW: Muscular melodic Trucker Diablo show their quality on Rise Above The Noise
- ALBUM REVIEW: Enslaved push yet more extreme music boundaries on In Times
- ALBUM REVIEW: It’s not the Final Countdown as Europe excel on War of Kings
- NI ROCKS Interview with JOE LYNN TURNER (Feb 2015)
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Armageddonize" by ECLIPSE
- INTERVIEW: Keep of Kalessin's Obsidian C speaks about artwork, Eurovision and production
- NEWS: Big Truck rolling into town; Metal2TheMasses; Nightrage; Bloodstock; diary clashes; and, so much more