Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Recommends "Better Days Comin" by WINGER
Winger release their latest album “Better Days Comin” through Frontiers Records on 18th April. One Winger release never really sounds like another, but you always know that you’re listening to a Winger album, and they’re always worth having in your collection! The previous album “Karma” didn’t sound like its predecessor “IV” but both are great albums. That “Better Days Comin” brings something different again but still sounds like Winger and will tick all the boxes for fans is testimony to the talent of the band.
A Cheap Thrill - no better place to get it than at Diamond Rock Club on Thursday night
WAY, way back in the distant past (that would be the mid-eighties for younger readers) there was a 'scene' in transition. The sleaze rock of the LA strip was being supplanted by thrash metal. Yet, fans from all genres would gather together in worship of hard rockin' music.
Such was the diverse nature of this transforming 'scene'
Amon Amarth winner drawn
CONGRATULATIONS to Margaret who has won a pair of tickets to see Amon Amarth in Belfast's Limelight1 on August 12th.
Thanks to the dozens of you who entered this Belfastmetalheadsreunited, www.rockradioni.co.uk competition, with the tickets from the Limelight and Shine.
Now, if you
Pat McManus proves more than a six-string wonder on stage
THERE are people who play guitar; there are guitar players, there are guitar shredders; and then there are true artists when they strap on a guitar, proving that entertainment with a six-string is an art form. Pat McManus is such an artist.
Close to magisterial melancholia SAVN reach for hope on new platter
THERE is a wealth of female fronted symphonic rock and metal bands kicking around record stores and download charts across the world at the moment; however, occasionally you come across one which sits a little to the left of what you expected - and such is the self-titled release from SAVN.
Sitting in a world dominated by keyboards and
NI ROCKS Recommends "Scream Arena" by SCREAM ARENA
Scream Arena from York, England first came to my attention over a year ago when a couple of tracks came into the station and were played on the shows. The self-titled debut album from the band, released through Mighty Music / Target Group is currently being promoted by the good folk over at Head First Entertainment in the USA. It’s an album that is well worth checking out if you like your rock delivered with a strong classic hard rock sound and it was produced and recorded by Paul Sabu, a name that will be familiar to many.
Richie Sambora Belfast bound
ONCE known only as the guitarist standing beside Bon Jovi Richie Sambora has grown in stature over the past few years...and now he's set to play Belfast's Ulster Hall as part of a run of dates across Europe.
Sambora now has three solo albums under his belt, to add to the 130m album sales
NI ROCKS Recommends "King of the World" by HUMBUCKER
Norwegian band Humbucker release their second album entitled “King of the World” on 10th April. I often refer to my preferred musical genre as “classic rock”, though I’m not totally sure what that really means (and I hate categorising bands!). I certainly don’t confine the description to bands from the 70s or 80s! There are a lot of “new” young (and not so young) bands that play a style of music that just epitomises what “classic rock” means to me. Humbucker are a great example of one of those bands.
Last Updated (Thursday, 10 April 2014 22:29)
Amon Amarth comp reminder
A WHILE back we announced a competition to win a pair of tickets to see Amon Amarth lay waste to the Limelight on August 12th. This is just a reminder that the clock is ticking towards entries closing.
If you want to enter click
Videos of Sylosis & DevilDriver in Limelight 1, Belfast
DevilDriver played Limelight 1 in Belfast on Monday 7th April 2014 supported by Bleed From Within and Sylosis. You can read the gig review by Jonny here - http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/news/blogs/belfast-metalheads-reunited/1503-consumate-crushing-metal-chaos-as-devildriver-level-all-in-front-of-them.html
We also managed to capture a few videos of Sylosis and DevilDriver on stage.
- No joke in the Badlands as Cage The Gods let loose début platter
- Consumate crushing metal chaos as Devildriver level all in front of them
- Slough Feg - the mystery and the glory of American Celtic Rock
- Fast, furious thrash-tastic evening with Sinocence, Bull Riff Stampede, Psychosis and Bakken
- Middle class, middle aged - and that was just the majority of the audience at Foreigner...
- RRNI Presents "The Pat McManus Band & Worldsend" - 12th April
- The mystery of the missing audience...yet Fuckhammer and Altus still deliver
- Low down and lovely dirty hard rockin' from Bonafide at the Diamond
- NI ROCKS Recommends "The Eyes of Medusa" by KILL RITUAL
- Daughtry's First Ever Show in N Ireland - Videos
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Escape From The Shadow Garden" by MAGNUM
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Heaven On Earth" by DEVIL'S HEAVEN
- Van Canto – A cappella Metal, where did that come from!
- Served loud, and served with intent, - Stiff Little Fingers' tour de force release No Going Back
- Power metal pounding from Sonata Arctica on Pariah's Child
- Low down and dirty rock 'n' roll from Jackson Firebird
- Symphonies of the Night, Shakespeare and female power - Liv of Leaves Eyes tells all
- No Hot Ashes rise Phoenix like to restore Rosetta's dreams
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Louder Than Ever" by PRETTY MAIDS
- PLAYLIST FOR NI ROCKS SHOWS