Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Recommends "Heroes And Villains" by FM
“Heroes And Villains” is the latest album from FM and was released via Frontiers Records on 20th April. Normally the “NI Rocks Recommends” feature relates to albums that have been sent to the station for airplay / review, but this is another of those rare occasions where I’ve decided to write a recommendation for an album that wasn’t. I’d interviewed singer Steve Overland just over a year ago, before FM’s appearance in the Waterfront Hall in Belfast - http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/interviews/1454-ni-rocks-interview-with-steve-overland-of-fm.html - and was looking forward to hearing the new album. After celebrating their 30th anniversary last year, FM has definitely delivered the goods with “Heroes And Villains”. The new album is being promoted by a tour through England and Scotland during May; accompanied by Romeo’s Daughter (who’ve just released their album “Spin”) and Northern Ireland’s No Hot Ashes.
Last Updated (Saturday, 25 April 2015 10:48)
VATTNET VISKAR announce new album
New Hampshire’s post-black metal band VATTNET VISKAR are returning with a new album on 29th June via Century Media records. ‘Settler’ was recorded at Earth Analog Studios in Champaign, IL with producer Sanford Parker (MINSK, VOIVOD). The artwork was created by multimedia artist, Josh Graham (ex-Neurosis, Soundgarden), who also created the video for ‘Breath of the Almighty’, ...
KAMELOT Premiere Music Video Of “INSOMNIA“
Symphonic Metal masters KAMELOT are ready to enthrall with their upcoming masterpiece Haven! Today the sensational music video for the track „Insomnia“ has been premiered! KAMELOT mastermind Thomas Youngblood states: „Kamelot returns with a sci-fi inspired thriller for the song “Insomnia”. In a post apocalyptic world, surveillance is everywhere and over population is rampant. Deep ...
KISS Announce European Tour Dates – May/June 2015
Rock legends KISS are set to bring their new live show to Europe in Summer 2015. With multiple festival and headline dates across Europe, KISS live is set to be THE rock event of 2015. With over 80 million album sales worldwide, KISS remain one of the most iconic and influential rock bands of all ...
ArnoCorps – Bloodstock and UK European Tour!
“The Greatest Band of All Time”, have announced they are returning to Europe in August. Goooooooooooooo!!! While the California-based ArnoCorps may be best known as the world’s first band to feature lyrics based exclusively on the cinematic works of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the charismatic troop aim to clear up this common misperception. ArnoCorps are quick to point ...
HONEYMOON DISEASE SIGNS WITH NAPALM RECORDS
Swedish Rock’n’Rollers HONEYMOON DISEASE have announced their worldwide signing with Napalm Records! Their upcoming debut album is scheduled for a fall 2015 and will be one of the finest groovy and speedy rock masterpieces yet. Be prepared for HONEYMOON DISEASE! Sebastian Muench, A&R Napalm Records: “We are absolutely excited to announce the Signing of Gothenburg´s ...
XANDRIA Release Details Of Upcoming EP!
XANDRIA’s new EP is called Fire & Ashes and it is going to be released worldwide on July 31st via Napalm Records! Have a glance at the wonderful cover art, that was designed by Felipe Machado, known also for his works with Rage, Blind Guardian, Iron Savior and Rhapsody of Fire, to name a few. ...
Lonely The Brave Announce ‘The Day’s War – Victory Edition’
Lonely The Brave today announce a special extended version of their phenomenal debut album, The Days War, which will be released on the 1st of June. Titled The Day’s War – Victory Edition, the 2 CD repack will include 12 as yet unreleased tracks, including 4 brand new songs. The Day’s War – Victory Edition ...
Counting Crows Announce Exclusive UK Show
Counting Crows announce exclusive UK show at Wolverhampton Civic Hall on Wednesday 10th June – a continuation for the worldwide Somewhere Under Wonderland tour. “Probably the coolest thing about a career like ours is the chance to really see the world. I’ll never forget when we landed in London to start our first European tour, or what it ...
NI ROCKS Recommends "Cry Havoc" by TYSONDOG
Tysondog was formed in 1983, rising out of the vibrant NWOBHM scene around Newcastle. They released a couple of albums before splitting up in 1987. Many NWOBHM bands failed to make that “big” breakthrough before the genre faded into the background somewhat. However, like all good things, NWOBHM lived on as a music genre – maybe not so “new” anymore and no longer just “British; rising from almost “cult” status to an increasing level of awareness amongst a new generation of rock fans. Some of those original NWOBHM artists from the 80’s are therefore getting a second chance at playing live and recording new material. Tysondog is one such band. Their new album “Cry Havoc” was released through Rocksector Records on 20th April.
SLAYER streams new track on YouTube
Southern Californian thrash metal pioneers SLAYER have released their first new track in nearly a year, ‘When The Stillness Comes’. Listen to the band’s eerie new offering here: SLAYER guitarist Kerry King explains that he was in an unusually bad mood when he wrote the band’s crushing new single: “We were touring Europe and ...
- Chinese Missy Release Election Single ‘Blood On Your Hands’
- ALBUM REVIEW: Remarkable release 'Reflection' from Cave of Swimmers
- ALBUM REVIEW: The Poodles delve into the depths with Devil In The Details
- ALBUM REVIEW: Satan's Wrath get down with Lucifer on Die Evil
- COMIN' ATCHA: UFO - still rockin' and back in Belfast...
- LIVE REVIEW: Darrenfest raised the money and the metal banner, with Bad Boat, Zlatanera and Rabid Bitch of the North
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Spin" by ROMEO'S DAUGHTER
- Belfast Metalheads reunited - 45b07a4cbae1225e576be640daffb858
- NI ROCKS Recommends "City of Heroes" by KISKE/SOMERVILLE
- INTERVIEW: Korpiklanni speak about what comes next...and more
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Venom" by IMPELLITTERI
- And this weekend brings y'all rock and metal in abundance
- LIVE REVIEW: Sweden's Void Moon surprise set earns plaudits with Baleful Creed and Terminus as awesome suupport
- ALBUM REVIEW: Swedish rockers Hardcore Superstar on top form on HCSS
- ALBUM REVIEW: Nightrage fail to live up to expectations on The Puritan
- LIVE REVIEW: Hateful violence that was such fun with Stand With Heretics, Basement Torture Killings and Abaddon Incarnate
- ALBUM REVIEW: Heroic return by Kiske/Somerville on City of Heroes
- Four days of fear, loathing and loudness...
- ALBUM REVIEW: Falconer go back in time to refresh their self-titled début
- Seven more bands for BLOODSTOCK’s Sophie Lancaster Stage!